Saturday, April 23, 2011

Chapters 5 + 6

Louie is going from a “track team juggernaut” to the bombardier of the B-24 Superman. The most outstanding set of lines in these two chapters is the caption underneath a photo of Louie on page 42 – “with a cracked rib and puncture wounds to both legs and one foot, Louie celebrates his record-setting NCAA Championship victory.” This quote is the best foreshadow for the upcoming chapter(s) with him being in the airman corps because it shows anything he sets his mind to can be accomplished through willpower despite pain or danger.
Throughout this book Louie is becoming to look like to me less of a person of interest and more of a role model. Of course all his stories aren’t yet told but his inner qualities when he has become a man make me aspire to be someone with more focus and direction. And like Louie, time will help me hone these skills through maturity and experience. What awaits Louie is hardship unknown to most people, but I don’t know what waits for me down the road but I can try and prepare as best I can to brace for the impact of hard hitting events like death or economic issues or issues in society.

No comments:

Post a Comment